Welcome to the Catholic Youth Organization for the Diocese of Rochester.
CYO Athletics is part of the diocesan Department of Evangelization and Catechesis and part of Youth Ministry outreach. There is an obvious component of evangelization in CYO Athletics; an opportunity to strengthen the connection of baptized Catholics to their Church and an opportunity to be a witness of what a Catholic Christian believes and lives to those who are not Catholic. For these reasons we enforce the following principles.
- CYO Athletics are built on mutual respect
- CYO Athletics celebrate the dignity of each individual person
- CYO Athletics encourage the unique gifts of each participant
- Principles of fair play and sportsmanship govern all games, practices and scrimmages
- Participants, both youth and adult, model Christian values and virtues
- CYO Athletics allows the gifted to excel, and the less gifted to participate and improve
- Playing is more important than winning
- Winning well is more important than winning
Alison A. LeChase
Diocesan Coordinator of Sports & Scouting
585-328-3228 ex: 1279