This site will no longer be updated. Please use our new site at https://www.teamsideline.com/sites/dor/home
Welcome to the Catholic Youth Organization for the Diocese of Rochester.
CYO Athletics is part of the diocesan Department of Evangelization and Catechesis and part of Youth Ministry outreach. There is an obvious component of evangelization in CYO Athletics; an opportunity to strengthen the connection of baptized Catholics to their Church and an opportunity to be a witness of what a Catholic Christian believes and lives to those who are not Catholic. For these reasons we enforce the following principles.
- CYO Athletics are built on mutual respect
- CYO Athletics celebrate the dignity of each individual person
- CYO Athletics encourage the unique gifts of each participant
- Principles of fair play and sportsmanship govern all games, practices and scrimmages
- Participants, both youth and adult, model Christian values and virtues
- CYO Athletics allows the gifted to excel, and the less gifted to participate and improve
- Playing is more important than winning
- Winning well is more important than winning
CYO 2017-2018 Season
SOCCER & BASKETBALL REGISTRATION
If you are looking for registration information please contact your home parish.
CYO is all run at the parish level therefore, each parish determines
when registration begins and ends andwhen practices start,
what days and times and determines their own registration costs etc.
There are rules regarding team makeup, there are no tryouts for any CYO sports
in the Diocese of Rochester. It is preferred that you play for the parish that you are
registered with and attend. However, if you are not registered at a parish, then you
can sign up at whatever parish is closest to your home that has a CYO program.
But, all CYO teams are to be filled by parishioners who wish to play and the
roster must be 66% registered parishioners or greater.
Diocesan Coordinator of Sports
585-328-3228 ex: 1242